Thursday, September 24, 2009

Gotcha Roach!!!

How is it feels when you see a cockroach linger around near your legs when at the same time your are an anti-bug or anti-insect person? Disgusted and eagerly-wanted-to-kill-it, these are the two feelings that for sure you’ll feel when you see those more-than-2-tiny-legs-with-antenna-creatures crawling down near your feet.

No doubt, this creature usually always appeared on the wrong time (WT) and at the wrong place (WP).

Currently, a cockroach – let called it, Roach (regardless whether it’s a ‘he’ or a ‘she’, happened to appear with Roach’s transparent pair of wings fly high above my head during our school assembly in the school open hall. Can you see the WT and WP here?

During school assembly =WT; at the school open hall =WP

With no qualm, I’m confidently knew that Roach will make a landing on my long sleeve shirt. Abruptly because of my automatic response, I stood up while the headmaster was delivering his speech in front of hundreds of students. Fortunately, he didn’t see it except for my colleagues whose sat at the same row near to me (not forgetting the two ladies whose sat in front of me who one of them I unintentionally touched her shoulder).

FUNNY, two of my colleagues whose sat on my right became anxious and started asking me
*translation from Chinese to English

“What’s happen?”

“Something is lingering down our feet”
“What is it?”

“An insect, a BIG insect”

“Where....where....where?”

“There it is, under ‘Z’ seat. Now it heading to your seat”
Then the climax of the story happened with two female teachers frighteningly screaming and standing in front of hundreds of students and teachers while the headmaster delivering his speech.
Feeling embarrassed and hilarious I sat with my head down until the headmaster decided to turn around to check on the two teacher’s embarrassing-moment-caught-on-tape moment.

Again! I knew that Roach will never be killed since the two teachers kept on using their “ultrasonic voices” to chase away Roach.

Gotcha! Roach lying breathlessly on the floor while the students started to cheer. OMG! Now I have becoming on the participants who’s unwillingly or accidently have participated on the most embarrassing moment caught in tape.

As the Malay proverb says, “Ayam bertelur sebiji riuh sekampung,” I was considered the HERO for the day although I just killed a roach.

For sure I’m going to remember this hilarious event (16 September, 2009, Wednesday). Before I end this story, for all of the animal lovers out there, sorry because of what have happened to Roach. J

No comments:

Post a Comment