Friday, April 3, 2009

Between seeing and observing

When I was in the hospital, one specific thing that attracted my attention is looking (or seeing) at various people behaviors. Some seem reluctant as they just like - were forced to accompany their parents (maybe their shy when many pair of eyes stared at them). Some, kept continue hold or more appropriate if I say ‘play’ with their mobile phone while their faces are undeniably bored – me is an exception as I felt fascinated looked and observed “the human” although I’m not a keen observer like Sherlock Holmes. Some, continued talked with others; either they just know that ‘others’ or already know the ‘others’ but merely encountered or talked with the ‘others’. At some point, it isn’t difficult to know whether that ‘others’ really enthusiastically listen or agree with what their partners talked about. Somehow, human just like an open-book – easy to know but hard to understand. While kids just being kids; enjoyed playing around but I bet only some really…really, really know why they were here – those who knows express concern or more appropriate if I say…’scared’ none other than the medicine and Mr and Mrs ‘N’.

It is indisputable and undeniably (sometimes dangerously and can lead to trouble) fun to observe people especially kids (I’m not someone who practices hemophilia, OK!) since the way they behave, talk or the language they uttered or used, and the paralinguistic showed in some way resemble or mirror their parents behaviors and parenting’ style (REMEMBER! I have no intention against PARENTS, OK! Since I believe in some way…I’m mirror my parents….but, it’s so complicated).


What am I trying to covey here is…..don’t get fool by what other people said to you; either they talked behind your back or in front of you because people sometimes used ‘words’ to lie. Yet, everyone has lied before Right? What is the different is the purpose of lying. Therefore, non-verbal expressions are essential aspects that we need to look at coz I bet no one want to be the ‘liars’ victim’. Trust me! U don’t need to be linguistically or psychologically experts to become an observer. The tip that I can give is ‘BE ALERT’.


XOXO THAT’S ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment